Saturday, November 20, 2010

Spiced Apple Cream Cheese Danish


To begin with:

A) I can't believe I made this.
B) I can't believe how easy it was.
C) I can't believe how well it turned out.

As soon as I saw this post over at Annie's Eats I knew I had to make and devour it. And since today was my amazing husband's 30th birthday it seemed like a good day to splurge and eat this butter filled treat for breakfast.

I started it on Friday morning. Made the dough, made the butter square (that's right, a butter square) then played with Jake for a bit. Rolled out the dough with the butter square.






Went and ate lunch at school with Alexis, came home and rolled it out again (looks the same as above) and made the fillings.



So this morning all that was left to do was roll it out the last time, fill it, braid is, bake it and devour it.





We didn't take the time to take a picture of the whole thing before we dug in!
It does take time, but 90% of that time is just waiting, it only took about 15 minutes to roll it out each time I actually had to do something. Now, this thing seems to be so packed full of calories I won't be making it weekly or anything but I will be making it again and I will use the dough recipe to make croissants some time soon!

Head over to Annie's Eats for the recipe. The only thing I did differently than her was the apples. I added a whole teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves and a dash of ginger to the apples before throwing them into the pan.

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh this looks so good. good enough for me to throw out my rule of no food right before bed. consider it thrown a MILE away!!
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete
  2. yours looks prettier than hers :) yours puffed so much more! I so need to try this.

    ReplyDelete