Sunday, September 26, 2010

Quick Molasses Stout Bread

I have a folder on my desktop full of recipes that I have seen and would like to try one day. Every once in a while I'll go through it and pull something out, this is one of those recipes and I am SO GLAD I finally made it. This bread is awesome, and as the name implies, quick to make. It is in the banana bread/zucchini bread family of breads so it's great for an afternoon snack or with your morning coffee. We ate it with honey cinnamon butter.



3 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ c sugar
1/3 c molasses
12 oz beer (stout)
butter

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Pour in the beer and molasses. Stir ingredients just until combined.

Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 – 50 minutes. Let it cool 5 minutes in the pan then turn onto a cooling rack. Brush with soft butter.

2 comments:

  1. this sounds like something Steve would really like...how important is it that the beer be a stout?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too important, as long as you don't use anything hoppy. No IPA's.

    ReplyDelete