Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Black Bean and Corn soup

Don't you just love fall? In the fall I stop wanting to eat salads and light foods and I start wanting to eat soups, stews and braises. Here is a super easy recipe for black bean soup to start off your fall. Serve it with cornbread or cheese quesadillas.



Olive oil
2 c corn
3 c cooked black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 ½ c chicken stock
cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
sriracha sauce

Heat a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Sauté the corn in the olive oil for a few minutes until lightly browned. Combine stock and 2 c black beans in a blender and blend until smooth. Add bean mixture and remaining ingredients to corn stirring well. Let it heat up then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with sour cream and more cilantro.

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I am definitely going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I come to your house and live? Your pictures all look so appetizing, and I'm not even hungry right now! I am going to have to try some of these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at what point do you use the tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it says add beans and remaining ingredients

    ReplyDelete