Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gingersnap Cookie Sandwiches



Ginger and lemon. A Classic pairing. Pretty much anything that has ginger and lemon together tastes great in my book. This was just my normal gingersnap recipe. I altered it a tiny bit, I put in chopped crystallized ginger to make up the ginger flavor a bit then made the cookies half the size I usually make them. Then I filled them with this easy lemon frosting recipe. THEN I moved them around the house before they set trying to find good light which caused them to slide all over the place. But, they still taste awesome.

Here's the filling recipe.

2 Tb butter
2 Tb lemon juice
powdered sugar

Beat the butter until light and fluffy, add the lemon juice and beat until totally incorporated. Add as much powdered sugar as is necessary to make it into a good frosting consistency. Let cookies set before serving, or photographing.

No comments:

Post a Comment