Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Simple Stir-fry

Sometimes I have the hardest times trying to figure out what to make for dinner. Stir fry is always a sure bet and it requires very little meat compared to the veggies and rice so it's pretty economical too. For this I just chopped up some carrots, cabbage, an onion, and some frozen ginger. I cubed about half a pound of pork and threw it in a bowl with soy sauce, white wine, sesame seed oil, water, sugar and cornstarch. The key to a good stir fry is getting the pan's temperature right. Too cool and the meat steams, cooks slower and gets tough. Too hot and it burns before the inside is cooked. First I cooked the pork.



Then I took it out and placed it in a bowl while I cooked the veggies. I like them to still have a little crunch. While these were cooking I sprinkled some more sesame seed oil (because I really like it) and soy sauce on them.



Then you just throw the pork back in the pan and stir it all around to combine it and make sure it is evenly heated. Plate it on a bed of rice and dinner is ready. The longest part to making this was slicing the carrots because I like the look of the matchstick carrots and I like the way they cook better but I did all the prep work this morning while the kids were playing so when it came time to make dinner it was easy peasy.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Tofu substituted for the pork and it's "winner!" :)

    ReplyDelete