Thursday, September 3, 2009

Amusing Myself With My First Amuse-Buche

Amuse-Buche - A mouth amuser. Usually a highly flavored bite-sized dish at the beginning of a meal to get your taste buds jacked up for a good night of eating.
-------------------------------------
I'm in the middle of some really lame homework.

I've got tomatoes coming out my ears.

I've been thinking about a good way to showcase the distinct flavors of different basils in a simple way.

I just bought a rad plate to do different platings on.

I've got a camera.



Tomato - Sweet 100

Basils - Thai, Cinnamon, and Genovese

Extra virgin olive oil with a drop of 15 year old balsamic.

Romano cheese with some black pepper.

If I had more time I would have done some large bread crumbs...in effect making a deconstructed bruchetta.

And yes...it tasted great.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I can almost taste it through the computer screen!

    ReplyDelete