Saturday, August 29, 2009

How I Roll For Breakfast

I have been working like a real man painting houses this week. Needless to say I can't wait to get back to the haven of job awesomeness that is delivering gumballs. This morning I woke up to a rainy day. As I am currently painting an exterior I had the morning off.

Bonus.

I immediately dreampt of eating hash and eggs. To my own surprise I didn't even care if there was some kind of cured pork product on the plate.

Homegrown potatoes, peppers and onions cooked over medium high heat in shallot infused oil with a few dashes of Tabasco Chipotle, topped with two eggs...over easy of course. A nice cup of Guatemalan coffee with a splash of milk rounded out the deal.

My wife mentioned that it took me almost as long to make my breakfast as it did for her to eat a bowl of cereal and straighten her hair.

Too true.

I didn't care.

It was totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. drool. that looks good. thankfully you don't have to straighten your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KNOW I'm ordering this when we get to your house for Kyle's wedding in a couple of weeks. :) Some authentic sourdough toast and camel's milk butter would be just the right topper!

    ReplyDelete