Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hot Summer Nights



It is midnight.

It is 89 degrees in my house.

There is no wind at all.

I have no A/C (I live in Washington...it doesn't get hot here you know...)

I'm hot.

I went digging in the freezer for some ice cubes and ran upon a bag of ice pops. Generic ones. Ones like in Nicaragua where you can almost taste the green #68 and yellow #9846 and you don't care at all. Ones that bring back a thousand and one warm nights of summers long past.

Like edible memories.

I don't know where they came from.

I don't care at the moment. Probably my awesome wife.

I haven't been this happy with a surprise find in a long time.

It is the simple things in life.

Now, if you will excuse me, the electric blue one is calling my name...

5 comments:

  1. Things like this is why I love you, my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley, I always thought you were pretty cool yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice wordsmithing, son. The fine photograph adds tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad, "nice wordsmithing", thank you. That means a lot coming from you. I've been reading a lot of Bill Bryson lately and it comes out a lot in the way that I write.

    The photo was a freak accident. I did not realize till after I took the shot that I had the flash (which was vertical to begin with) at about a 45 deg angle. It did turn out kind of cool though.

    ReplyDelete