Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What's For Midnight Snack



I love food.

I love eating late at night as well.

I know this is not conducive to looking like the Hulk, but every once in a while a guy has got to let himself enjoy some of the more simple pleasures of life.

Here we have a beautiful Romano, a peppered salami, Triscuits, and a chocolate espresso stout I made over a year ago.

As C.S. Lewis would (I'm sure) agree, these are very real shadows of how great heaven itself is.

Why do I post this? For this reason...take a little time to enjoy the culinary greatness of the world around you sometimes.

Forget about the amount of fat, carbs, protein, or red #5 a product it has in it and just enjoy it.

Try new food or old favorites. Stretch yourself and make something with the things you have in your house, includes less than five ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes to get together.

Enjoy food.

Savor all of life.

Is there some food you eat late at night every once in a while? I'd love to know what it is.

2 comments:

  1. I rarely have a late night snack anymore simply because I'm getting old and can't stay awake past 10:00. Ha.

    I love a baked sweet potato with flax oil drizzled on top. I know it's weird, but it's very filling, healthy, and comforting. For something sweet, I love a berry smoothie made with any berries, whey protein powder, stevia, ice & water. Sorry, but I just can't forget the carbs and nutritional value. If I could, I would definitely go for a hot fudge brownie sundae!

    Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal up soon.
    Marjorie, if you need anything, please give me a call. I'd be happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer to help, he's healing up nicely!
    I like baked sweet potatoes cut up into chips and drizzled with olive oil.
    Cut loose and have a brownie sundae!
    -Marjorie

    ReplyDelete